Friday, November 27, 2009

Being Creative...

I didn't get enough turkey yesterday. I actually went home feeling a bit hungry. I know how could that happen on Thanksgiving? I was very fortunate to go to my aunt and uncle's house along with twenty other guests. I still believe there is nothing better than mom's Thanksgiving dinner.

This year I have decided to make a holiday gift for each of my students. Crazy, I know. I went to Walmart and bought all the plain .95 cent clipboards they had. The checkout lady had to ask what I needed 16 of them for (I was short 4, need to hit up another Walmart)

Here is what I am going to do... I am going to take the plain clipboard and personalize it by stenciling each students' name onto their own clipboard with paint markers. It is actually really easy to do. At the bottom I put their name and then I did some kind of design along the edges of the board. They look really cute, which I will post a pic when I get a change. Time wise to complete one board is about five minutes, of course I am a fast worker, so that time could vary.

At less than one dollar per student, this is a great gift that will last them for years.

No comments: