Monday, January 19, 2009

The Blogging World

I admit, I am an addict of reading blogs, teacher's blogs! Although I am finding comfort that I am not alone out there! Teachers that blog are teachers that read blogs!" Reading blogs gives me a sense of "normalcy" per se. I know that I am not the only one who feels like they are swimming upstream some days. So many of us face the same daily challenges. Sitting down in front of the computer, opening up my favorites list, and getting ready to see who else had a day like me good or bad, revives my teaching spirit!

Tomorrow starts the second half our our school year. I can't believe we are already at the half way mark of the school year, but then again I can. It seems like August was years ago. It has flashed by so quick! There are so many things I want to do with these kids, but have yet to accomplish. I think this year, more than any year, I feel there is no time to do anything. I don't know why, school day is the same length, still have the same amount of kids, but something is different.

Last week we had two days off of school due to extremely cold weather, Arctic air. I've been given a five day weekend. Which has been really great for my teaching spirit, even though we have to make up the days in June. I have gotten some things done for the classroom, that if I hadn't had the days off, I wouldn't have ever completed.

So here is to the second half of the school year, more doing ideas and less putting off! That reminds me, I have a stack of report cards being put off, they are due Friday! :) Spoke too soon!

No comments: