Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration Day

Yesterday I made my kids watch the inauguration ceremonies. I think it was really important for them to just see it and to be apart of it. I don't know if they agree. I know that a lot was above their heads, it was the concept of it that I wanted them to get. They were very cute, standing and clapping and singing along to the anthem. Although for some reason the tv reception in my room was horrible, I had to finally stream it from the Internet, which they told us not to do. Well if I had better reception, I wouldn't have to!
One boy, who was sitting next to me, after an ignored first warning, turned to me during the ceremony and said, "Aren't we wasting our Daily 5 time?" He never cared before, I thought it was cute, funny, and an eye roller at the same time.

No comments: