Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cloudy With a Chance Of...


I am SO SUPER EXCITED!!!! I went to go see Harry Potter this afternoon and while at the theater I saw a large cardboard display for the movie, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs!!!!!!



Now let me tell you, this was my FAVORITE book when I was a kid. My parents never actually bought the book for me, instead I would check it out at the library once a month. If you were to go check my library records from over 20 years back, you would probably see I took that book out numerous times.

It comes out mid September. I am thinking of doing a class weekend outing. Inviting parents and students to meet me on a Saturday to see the movie. (of course all kids must be accompanied by an adult, pay your own way) I have never done this before but think it would be a good invite for families and students.

Also...One of the previews (well one of the many previous) before the movie was for Where The Wild Things Are. That comes out in October. I am excited about that one also, but not as much as Cloudy with a Chance!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw the movie poster when we went and saw something about a month ago and I just about peed myself with excitement. It too was my favorite book, I too did not own it, and I too used to check it out atleast once every couple months when I was in elementary school. Now I have two copies in my classroom (one for me and one for the kids).
I was a little disappointed when I found the preview online when we got home...they changed the whole reason why it rains meatballs and such. I don't know why, I like the premise that the grandfather tells them this story that might be true rather than some weird scientist guy coming up with the invention that causes it. Bleh.
Just to let you know also, I set up a Saturday movie day with my class this past year to see City of Ember. It was awesome! I had about 10 kids show up (I teach in a low-income area) and had only one lovely parent drop her kids off. When we got back on Monday, we had fun conversations about it and the kids who didn't go ended going and seeing it on their own...so it was a success!

Unknown said...

Oh, and my blog is on wordpress at memoirsofateacher.wordpress.com. I will add you to my blogroll!

ChiTown Girl said...

OMG!! I'm so excited to hear that! I seriously can NOT remember the last time I was in a theater, so I had no idea there was a movie coming out. I adore this book. And, every year I do a huge unit using Where the Wild Things Are, so that's equally exciting to me. I have a video put out by Scholastic Books, but I bet the movie is going to be awesome.