I think "ironic" is my theme lately. It seems whenever I talk about a subject, it always comes around to find me a couple days later.
Monday we returned to school. A little sluggish in the morning but was excited to see my kids again.
I had laid out everything I needed to teach before I left for break but still had to go through and see what I really was doing.
I took a glance at our writing lesson for the day but really did not pay attention to what the content/wording of the lesson really was until I had started.
Ends up the kids had to create a poem based off the tag line... Ideas for Feeling Happy! I had to chuckle since this is something I am living by and thought ok, let's see what my kids can come up with.
This is what I love about teaching...
Every once in a while kids give me a reminder on how simple life can be. To not worry about the big stuff but focus on the small things. Next time I am having one of those days I'm going to take the advice of what my students brainstormed for being happy...
Ideas for Feeling Happy
1. Jumping up and down (I think I would look a bit silly doing this but ok, maybe in the privacy of my own home)
2. Chasing after my sisters (have one younger sister, next time we are together I will make sure to chase her)
3. Playing football (does watching count)
4. Eating cheesy lasagna (definite option) and finally....
5. Listening to the rat-a-tat-tat of my shoes dancing (obviously one of my more gifted students came up with this one)