Saturday, May 1, 2010

The One With The Field Trip...

We went on a field trip this week to see a performance to see Mr. Slim Goodbody, which is about your body and making healthy choices.

At one point volunteers were called up to show how they use their muscles.  The catch is that their friends had to volunteer someone, so the class points and shouts for Mr. Thingy to volunteer, of which he then got chosen.  As he was going up, I kind of stopped him to ask what he was going to do.  I was suspicious, but he ran past my stopping him and ran up stage excited, along with the other ten kids chosen from the audience.

So kids start going, showing flips and bends and what not.  I notice Mr. Thingy has gone to the back of the line, then he is hiding behind the kids in line.  I'm feeling bad for him because I don't think he knew what he was in for.  So all the kids go, it is his turn, he is shaking his head no.  The guy says ok what are you doing for us?

Mr. Thingy yells out, "I didn't want to come up here, they made me come up here!"

Oh no.  Here is goes.  I slightly feel bad for the kid, this is in front of a very large theatre auditorium.

Mr. Goodbody tries to get him to do something.  Mr. Thingy refuses and then thankfully walked off stage.

So he comes down to our seats then proceeds to yell (yes yell) at ME!  "I told you I didn't want to go up there!" 

What?!?  I didn't volunteer him at all.  In fact I tried to stop him.  I know he was probably embarrassed.  Now cue the part where all the teachers from other schools turn around and look at me. I just hope they are giving me their sympathy looks and stares.

Needless to say, it was a good, short field trip.  The last one of the year, the last one I will ever have to go on with Mr. Thingy (as much as I love him).

No comments: