Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wow, What a Workout...

I had two cars (well SUV and mini-van) full of boxes I had to bring to my new school today.  Now these boxes contained my most precious classroom materials, my classroom library.  I think it was something like 30 boxes?  They were incredibly heavy!

I loaded them up onto the flatbed, stacked them two boxes high, so 16 boxes each trip.  I am one of those who doesn't take several trips to unload the car full of groceries, I grab as many as I can hold and in as few trip as possible.  So naturally, loading up boxes on a flatbed isn't going to be all different. 

Well now, it doesn't look like it but the sidewalk leading to the front door is on a slight hill.  You should have seen me, just to get the cart started I had to lean my whole body into it.  It looked like I was doing wind sprints!  The hardest hurdle was getting the cart over the doorway bump.  Once I did that it was smooth sailing.

So I did three trips of boxes and then had two shelving units.  I should mention that I did this almost by myself.  Can you say tired right now?  I didn't even attempt to unpack those boxes today, just sat at my desk, and worked on unpacking my desk boxes.  I'll tackle those tomorrow.

I wonder if I'll feel it in my calves later tonight... maybe I can institute a new after school exercise program for the staff, flatbed wind sprints. Hmmm, on second thought maybe not!

No comments: