Saturday, August 7, 2010

That Time of Year...

Yes folks, it is that time of the year.  The time where we wake up in the middle of the night in a sweat and hope that what you just dreamed will not come true.  It's the annual back to school nightmare.

I had my first one just recently.  In my dream I went to go see my new classroom to find out they switched me to 6th grade but no one told me.  I was like, umm no, I can't teach 6th, I prepared for 3rd and 4th.  On the upside, in my dream they gave me a classroom that was double the size.

Now this was a pretty tame back to school nightmare compared to some in the past.

My favorite was the time I dreamed they put a pre-school classroom right next to mine.  All I could hear all day was yelling and screaming (not saying that is what preschool is all about, just a dream).  In real life my old room had an empty room next door for six years so I had nothing to worry about right?  So, I go to set up my classroom in August only to find out they were going to use the room as a Kindergarten centers room!  WHAT!  My dream had come true, sort of.

Have you had your back to school nightmare yet?

No comments: