Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's The Best, It's Really Cool...

This year marks seven years since I started an end of the day tradition.  Each day, right before the end of the day bell rings, when the kids are lined up, I start a chant.  I discovered this chant through Dr. Jean and no matter what grade I've taught (1st-4th), every grade level has loved it.  This chant is a great way to end the day and lead the kids out.  I find that no matter what day we've had, it helps to lift spirits and cleanse the day. 

I chant a line and the kids repeat.  It goes a little something like this...

Say... We are in Miss ___'s Room!
(we are in Miss ___'s room)
She taught us this little tune!
(she taught us this little tune)
Reading, Writing, Arithmetic!
(reading, writing, arithmetic)
We can do them fantastic!
(we can do them fantastic)
___ ____ is our school!
( ___ ___ is our school)
It's the best, it's really cool!
(it's the best, it's really cool)
We are super, yes we are!
(we are super, yes we are)
Look out world here comes a star!
(look out world here comes a star)

*Last year I started to add this little bit at the end*

Eeny, Meeny, Miney, Moe
(Eeny, Meeny, Miney, Moe)
Come on Kids, Let's Go!!
(come on Miss ___, Let's Go)

and with that my 25 little soldiers march right out the door with smiles on their faces and a chant stuck in their head. :)

No comments: