Saturday, October 9, 2010

DonorsChoose... Beyond Generous....

This week I got a DonorsChoose project funded.  After finding out my funding I wrote a short, sincere note to the donors.  Here is the letter I got back from the donor...

Ms. M, You are very welcome, and I know all too well being an RN that organization and teaching organizational skills to students produces a foundation for an excellent and successful work habit. I sincerely hope that the money helps you and your students greatly. After reading about your project, it really made me think about how even the smallest of essentials can really make the difference in the day-to-day activities of a classroom. I have the utmost respect for you Ms. M for what you do as a teacher. The responsibilities that are placed on you not only as an educator, but as a role model, a counselor, and a friend to your students, are great and most of the time remain over-looked. The students in your classroom must be very proud of you to know they have a teacher that cares for them so very much. Good luck and KEEP ON TEACHING!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wow! That is such a nice message! I am completely grateful for DonorsChoose. I have had two projects funded, and I am so thankful! It definitely eases the financial burden that teaching can sometimes be. :) Congratulations!