Thursday, February 19, 2009

Frozen Teacher

Today was one of those days again, started off crying (me) because my classroom was 55 degrees when I first walked in, about an hour before the kids come. No one cares and I was sooo frustrated and sick and tired being frozen all day long. The district has decided to make budget cuts and heat is one of them. The heat now goes off at 2:28 pm each day (which is a two whole minutes before the students leave.) Then it doesn't go back on until 7:30 in the morning. Now if you want to come in early in the morning to get work done, you have to sit in 50 degree temps, try being productive in that!

On a side note, it takes A LOT for me to cry, I have to reach really high level of desperation and frustration before I cry, so you can imagine how being a frozen teacher all day has taken its toll on me!

No comments: