Saturday, May 2, 2009

Yes, It's the Pigs..

Yes, my school has been shut down due to the H1N1 Flu. I got the call after leaving school on Thursday. A "probable" case has been detected in one of our students. So then I get home and check my email for more information only to find out that they closed us until May 11th!! Even before the H1N1 hit, we had a VERY high number of kids sick with whatever flu is going around and the stomach flu. One class a week before had four kids throw up during the day, another had three. On Thursday one class had 8 kids gone. Some came and were sent home with flu like symptoms. So the county health board used the swine case and the fact that we had a high number of kids sick, to shut down for as long as we are.

Can you say unexpected major time off work??? I don't even know what to do with myself! I sat around all day yesterday thinking I should be doing something. Now I have five more days like that. I have all my stuff at work, can't get in to get it.

Good news is that we don't have to make up the days at the end of the school year. Now, just have to figure out how productive I want to be next week. The zoo is looking like a good idea...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just testing out to see if my comment section is fixed! :)

TeachEnEspanol said...

I'm so glad I can finally leave a comment! I'm not sure I'll go back and leave all of the comments that I want to from previous posts, but I will certainly tell you now that I absolutely LOVE your blog and enjoy reading it whenever I get the chance.

I hope you do enjoy a nice day at the zoo and stay healthy!!!

Anonymous said...

Ugh...I wanted a Swine Break. Now the CDC says schools should remain open and that they do not need to close. I knew my district wouldn't close. Darn.

Anonymous said...

Yikes.