Thursday, June 11, 2009

Where in the World is Miss M?...

I have been gone for a month! I look back and it has been a whirlwind of a month. I was the "lucky" person who volunteered to lead the interview team for our new principal next year. This whole process was LONG and draining. We had to do 21 initial first round (40 minutes each) interviews, then nine second round interviews. I was out of my classroom for four full days! It was way too crazy!

Being on the interview team was a great experience, I know what I should and should not say in case if I was ever going to interview for a pricipal position.
Point in case...

Question: Could you please describe for us some educational programs that exist today based off your creativity and initiative?

Answer: Well, chess club could be one of them. Another would be I implemented communication with staff via email and started our school webpage.

And yes folks, that is exactly and all that was said!

So now I am on pins and needles waiting to find out which of the finalists are going to be our principal. The super makes the final decision. So we shall wait and see...

2 comments:

TeachEnEspanol said...

Welcome back! I like being in on the interview process too. I'm sure it was a big job but it is a great way to keep yourself involved in the direction that your school is going to take...especially with a job as big as principal.

Cooking by Charles said...

Hello mate greatt blog post