Sunday, August 23, 2009

Here We Go Again...

Tomorrow is our first official start date. Teachers start tomorrow, students start on Wednesday. I am rather excited. I think I a ready. Ready for new challenges, ready to meet and fall in love with a new set of kids, ready to implement new ideas, just ready.

I get my class list tomorrow, cross fingers that still is in the admin plans to give us our lists. There was nothing like the year we got our lists the morning school began! Yikes! I have to say I really don't care what kids I get (I just need a rough number of how many). You can give me anything. I think the key to teaching any type of kid is to get to know their personality, whether you like it or not. You have nine months with these kids. That is a long time to be bitter and in a sour mood over a clash in personalities.


We are beginning our school year with a whole district meeting staring Ralph Fletcher, which by far beats every single other beginning of the year meeting we have ever had. Although, I was a lucky one to be able to attend a Ralph Fletcher seminar this summer. I am thinking I am going to hear some familiar things tomorrow.

So, here's to hoping for a great school year; one full of fun, learning, and great memories.

No comments: