Thursday, December 17, 2009

Loaded Question..

Today was a very tired day not just for me but my kids as well. Majority of them could barely stay awake today, a whole bunch of tired faces stared back at me most of the day.

As I sat down to read a story, one of the girls was yawning. I said to her I was tired today too. I then told the class, "You know how to tell when I am tired?"

Girl- "Your hair is a mess?"

Me- "What?!? My hair is not a mess!"

Boy- "You have bags under your eyes?"

Me- "What?!? I do not have bags under my eyes!

Kids- "Well what then?"

Me - "I lose my voice, it is very crackly when I talk!"

Kids- "Ohhh, yah!"

Note to self- never ask a loaded question again!

1 comment:

Theresa Milstein said...

That made me laugh.

I've had students ask, "How old are you?" If I want to feel good and bad at the same time, I say, "How old do you think I am?" Then I let them answer, laughing at the enormous age range. The real kicker is when I tell them the correct number they say, "My mother is younger than you."