Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Did He Really Just Say That...

This has to be mentioned, I can't believe that I almost forgot about this incident that happened at the school dance last week.

We had a family valentine's dance last week. The girls were terribly cute in their dresses and dads in their suits and well boys were boys.

Everything was great... until the teacher dance competition. Now, I am all for getting out there and dancing, no problem there.

So they play The Twist, so I am out there twisting it, giving it all I got, having a blast. The kids danced with me and followed my every move.

The dance ends and they line the teachers up, I have to mention there were only three of us, and we all were pretty good. They have the kids cheer for us, one by one, of course we all had ear splitting screams. The kids start chanting, "All three win... All three win!"

So our principal gets over the microphone and says, "Well ladies, after that dancing you might want to consider quiting your day jobs!"

Silence...

Umm, did he just really say that?

I turn to my teacher friend next to me and say, well he already took care of that this week.

The third teacher has a look of horror on her face, "Is he saying we should get night jobs as strippers!?!"

I was slightly shocked but cracking up at the same time. I don't think the guy knew what he was saying.

Needless to say, the next day parents who were at the dance were quickly spreading that the principal told his three teachers to go get night jobs! Oh lord! Someone save me!

In the end all three of us did win, we all three are getting a half day off. Our principal is coming in to sub for us. I think I will choose my hardest morning as payback!

2 comments:

Vagabond Teacher said...

That's funny! Open mouth--insert foot! And we spend so much time trying to get the kids to think before they speak...

Anonymous said...

Bad comment...but great reward. I wonder if anyone clued him in on what he said.