Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Oh The Places They Go...

I've had a student telling me for weeks that he was going to South Dakota for the weekend.  I kept on telling him, "Are you sure this weekend?" because South Dakota is like half way across the country from us.  So each week he would come and say again, "I think we are going to South Dakota this weekend."

So he was gone yesterday and I asked him today, "Were you sick yesterday?"

"Nope, I didn't go to sleep until like 4 a.m."

"Wow, why did you do that?"

"I went to South Dakota this weekend."

"What! Seriously?"

"Yep, we went to Mount Rushmore and saw the Crazy Horse Memorial. Then we came home."

Now this kid does not lie.  Apparently, he really did go for just a weekend.  Drove 14 hours there and then back, with a couple night stay while on the road.

I think this was really cool that the family just packed the kids up and goes off to see things.  He said his father wants his kids to see the country.  Makes me want to pack up my things and just leave right now, but reality sets in, day 2 state testing tomorrow! Crap, there goes my plan!

No comments: