Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Where to Begin...

I don't think there is a word to describe how today was for me.


I'm just going to have to explain it.

My day started off with my lovely student, Mr. Thingy, spraying me with invisible ink, all over the front of my pink shirt.

"But it is a joke, it is fake, it's a trick!"

15 minutes later the ink finally disappeared and dried. Mr. Thingy was on my naughty, you are getting written up, you can't do that to your teacher list.

I took the bottle away and put it on my desk, guess what was missing at the end of the day, taken off my desk. Big chat with him tomorrow.


My day ended with craft club, which I organize and run, with a few volunteers. I had 50 students, 20 of them being kindergarten. It was an hour of complete made chaos, we made rainsticks.


I can say that today I was eagerly anticipating the arrival of the vacancy list for in district reassignment. These are the jobs that I can interview for, being that I am a displaced teacher. The list never made it to our building today, hopefully tomorrow! Then I have to call the schools and set up interviews. Can you see my spring break now, probably going to be full of interviews. BTW, it has been 8 years since my last interview. I know my crap and I'm actually good at interviewing, but still and interview is an interview.


Tomorrow is St. Pat's Day! YAY, more chaos! Hopefully not. I got the kids some Irish Soda bread and Green River, YUM!

2 comments:

Mr. Halpern said...

Oooh. Rain sticks? How did you make them? I'm super uncrafty and love to try to learn...

Cheeseboy said...

Wow, your blog is AWESOMELY FUNNY!

In my first grade class, we do rainsticks every year, and every year it is chaos. But it is worth it in the end... for them, not me.