A huge, huge weight has been lifted! I can breathe now, the hives are going away, as I have finally accepted an offer at another school! It is done, the decision is final!
Let me do a little review:
1. District in financial turmoil
2. Was displaced from my building (even though I have been teaching for eight years)
3. Waited for the vacancy lists to come out (the vacancies were created by the lay off of 1,000 teachers, years 1-5)
4. Mulled over which schools to interview at
5. Did 7 interviews in less than two weeks
6. Had principals telling me under the table they wanted me (stressed me out to no end)
7. Mulled over which school was the best for me
8. Went back and forth on my decision
9. Decided to stick with my first gut reaction when I finished all the interviews
10. Waited all day for my call from HR to come to say which schools have placed offers
11. And FINALLY.... Got an offer from EVERY single school I interviewed at!
I can only say thank goodness I had sat down before hand to figure out which school I really thought was best for me.
I am now looking forward to my future, as I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. I think in the long run this is going to be a good career move for me. So now I can go back to being non-stressed, happy me!